Monday, July 27, 2009

I have an AMAZING husband.


Everyone who knows Pete loves him... it's hard not to. HOWEVER, I live with the man and I of course tend to get frustrated over the little silly things that really should not matter. SO, I was reminded this weekend of how special of a guy he is.


We were driving on 90 heading North to Wisconsin through some rain. I was driving and complaining that my butt hurt and that the stop and go was making me feel sick... and Pete said, "I don't know what to do to make it better. I've offered to drive but you won't let me... so other then staying at Sundara tonight I don't think there's much more I can do to put you in a better mood." I thought he was joking... I was being crabby and I knew it. After not believing him for about 3 minutes I realized he really booked the night!! I was SHOCKED. Pete has never done anything like this before. We dropped Makenzie off at his mom & dad's house and went to the hotel at 4ish. After checking out the amazing room and view we went out to dinner... just the two of us. AMAZING. I love real conversation and remembering all the things that we've been through over the last three years of marriage and our five years of being together that has brought us to love each other more then I even understood when we said our vows. I don't pretend that life is perfect... we have plenty of bad days... but this was not one of them!!! We then went back to sit in the hot tub and relax. We woke up to eat a wonderful breakfast on our balcony and then suntanned in the morning, worked out, suntanned some more and even took a little nap in between dips in the pool. It was AMAZING. I don't even have words for how relaxed I was.


We have had a tough hand dealt to us over the past 1 1/2 but one positive of the whole experience is that our relationship dove to a new depth that I think would have taken 20+ years to have reached if it wasn't for me realizing how much I need Pete. I am an independent girl and I tend to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders without asking for help but I wasn't able to be that girl for a long time. I can see that we are starting a new chapter to life and I feel like it is going to be good. God is my rock and my strength but Pete has been everything that God knew I needed him to be.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely time to reconnect! I'm so glad you got to relax, Tina! :)

    ReplyDelete