Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook...



FOR TODAY July 22nd


Outside my window...rain falling onto the pond and a flower I planted in memory of my sister.

I am thinking...I cannot wait for Pete to come home!!
I am thankful for... my sweet baby, coupons, and rainy days.
From the kitchen... Mexican casserole for dinner with rice and a salad.
I am wearing... tank top and sweat pants.
I am creating... thank you cards for some wonderful presents I got for my birthday!!
I am going... to Kohls or Bed Bath & Beyond (with coupons!!) to pick out shower curtains and rugs for our master and guest bathroom after Makenzie wakes up.
I am reading... I wish I had time to read today!!
I am hoping... that I can clean the main floor of the house tonight after Makenzie goes to bed.
I am hearing... the rain.
Around the house... paperwork that needs to be sorted, cleaning supplies left out from last night, and a sleepy cat.
One of my favorite things... having the windows open on a rainy day.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish cleaning, get bedding ready for Annette to come (YAY), pick out paint color for our upstairs hall/landing, drive to Beloit to buy a play kitchen for Makenzie that I found on craigslist.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ (to see the creator's blog of this blog concept)


4 comments:

  1. Oh that is sooo neat!! :) Thanks for sharing a part of your day. I need that recipe for mexican casserole....sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I finally figured out how to leave a comment on your blog....YEAY! I can't believe it took me so long to figure it out :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love it, I love getting comments... :) You need to start a blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your post, Tina! I so enjoy windows open in the rain also...I also LOVE going to sleep hearing the rain...ahhhhhh! :-)

    ReplyDelete