Thursday, July 2, 2009

Fun with Good Friends












This is my first post on our new blog. I feel like I've turned a new page in life so I'm ready to start a fresh blog....(stay tuned for my next post)

Last weekend we went up to the Dells with our friends Adam & Annette and their son Austin who is exactly one year older then Makenzie. Annette is actually the person responsible for Pete & I meeting... so she is very special to us ;) We have gone through alot together and have built a bond that I know will last a lifetime. I know it sounds corny, but the country song "you find out who your friends are" is a song that makes me think of them. They have been amazing to us and have been such a support and have given us alot of encouragement during the hardest time of our life.

The kids had a great time playing and we all had a fun time catching up. We went boating Saturday morning and then put the kids down for a nap in the afternoon. The guys went out cruising in the boat and fixed the pontoon while we talked and relaxed until the kids woke up. We then went up to the strip to shop, look around and even take an "Old Time" picture. I'll have to scan it in soon for you all to see!! We then went back to the condo to grill out and put the kids to bed. Once the babies were sleeping the boys (including Jeb & Steiner) played poker while Annette & I soaked in the hot tub and caught up on girl stuff!! After boating & beaching again Sunday, they packed up to head back to IN in the late afternoon. Pete & I stayed until Monday AM when Pete then took off in his work truck to go do a couple of moves and I took off with Kenzie in the pickup truck to head back home.
We had a wonderful time with Adam, Annette & Austin and we CANNOT wait till we see them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment