Friday, August 7, 2009

Not Much Going On...

Our Side Yard
My Little Flower Garden (Veggie garden coming next Spring!!)


Rachie looked so beautiful and happy!!


My crazy hair!



Yes, we've been like this for more than 10 years now.

I say that and laugh. I haven't blogged in a while because I am trying very hard to enjoy the warm weather and get outside as much as possible. I know that the cold weather will be here soon but I'm praying for a warm August/September. We got a fence last week and I LOVE it. Makenzie and I spend alot of time outside in the flower garden now. She loves to run around and have no limitations and no one chasing her! Praise the Lord that we stayed here because it is just perfect for right now.

We are hacking away at our project list which has included: the amazing fence, a kids pool (I'm picking up on my way to WI tonight thanks to criagslist!!) getting a hutch and TV for our living room (we only had TV in the finished basement and I admit that a little baby Einstein goes a long way when I'm trying to cook dinner or empty groceries from the car!), fix up my old toy box for Makenzie's room, get a little play kitchen for Kenzie in our kitchen, clean out our master closet, update the version of accounting software I use for all the companies, etc. This next week I'm going to work on child locks in the upstairs bathrooms (so I can actually keep stuff under the sinks), transplant a tree that was on our lot line and is now getting a beating from the fence, we really want to clean out our storage in the basement to move our treadmill from my mom & dad's down there, and maybe work on some more closets. The more we do the more I feel a peace about staying here!!
Rachels & Neals wedding was last weekend. Beth & I had a great time getting ready for the day. It was a treat to get my hair & makeup done but it was a little much for me. Makenzie didn't even know who I was, lol! Oh well. I always thought I would never be the mom who took 20min to get ready but there is a freedom it not being wrapped up in how you look. Pete & I were able to dance alot at the reception because my amazing mom & dad took Makenzie home for us. They had her most of the weekend for us with all the wedding activities.

Pete has been buys at work. He loves it. Me.... not so much. I know a man loves to provide for his family so I get why having a lot of hours excites him. It gives us more financial freedom... but I miss him. I try not to complain about work since it comes and goes but I will admit that I have been spoiled with how much he's been home this year!! He worked 21 hours one day and other than sleeping in the same bed for 3 hours I didn't see him for two days!! At least we have all weekend together. He thought he would be off work by now but moves keep coming in. Praise the Lord for work and I'm working on my attitude, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Your yard looks lovely, Tina! :) And the fence must be so nice with Mak!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete