Monday, August 17, 2009

Going Going Going...
















Since it is the last month of summer we are taking advantage of every day!! I know that we will soon be stuck inside the house with a crazy toddler so we're enjoying the great outdoors while it lasts.
We had a fun weekend up North with Chris, Anne & Audrey. It was fun to catch up with them since our lives always seem to be on the same track as theirs!! It feels good to air out the reality of marriage and parenthood with family who understands, encourages, and laughs along!! We boated, beached, the boys fished and the girls talked talked talked. Jeff & Char watched the girls so we could get away for a dinner one night, which is always a blessing! We had a great breakfast on Monday at a local buffet before heading home. Pete didn't have to work so we enjoyed the long weekend and wonderful weather. It did rain but it waited until we were done boating and the girls were napping! Makenzie enjoyed Audrey and it was fun to have a baby around again!!

My mom & I headed back up North only a few days later to enjoy a LOOONG weekend doing things we always talk about doing! Makenzie LOVED the deer park and enjoyed Story Book Gardens too! She has no fear of animals and loves to feed them. My dad flew in on Friday and Makeznie was in heaven crawling all over the plane and pretending to fly. Pete came up after work on Friday and was able to stay until early this morning. We spent alot of time with his family and really got to relax. My favorite part was s'mores on the beach at night when all the other boaters were on the road heading home. We are truly blessed to have the condo. It is a place to go to focus on family and forget all the little things that seem so stressful in the moment.

Mak & I are going to pack up again this week and head over to IN to visit our good friends Adam & Annette... and I can't forget Makenzie's boyfriend, Austin. I am really looking forward to some girl time and it's always great to watch the kids play! Thank the Lord for good friends. I only wished they lived closer and that Pete could come to... but someone has to bring home the bacon!

Pete has been doing good. He is loving every chance he gets to drive an 18-wheeler and he's doing a great job. I never thought that I would marry a truck driver (since I grew up knowing what that life brings) but it has worked out great so far. It's nice that he has a job he enjoys. This week has been slow but hopefully it will pick up again after the rain dries up. At least it gives us more time to work on projects!!

A verse that has been on my mind..
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

It is important to remember the bad times to appreciate the good times ... but not dwell on what cannot be changed but rather focus our energy on appreciating the blessings God provides and appreciate the comfort that being a believer brings. It is also so easy for me to worry about how life can change in just one day or even one hour. That is why that verse puts me in my place. God is in control and I am so ready to surrender my fears to Him. I cannot control the future, as much as I try with my lists and all my plans, but I can choose to trust the One who is in control and take comfort in knowing that He does all things for good (even when it is impossible to understand sometimes.)

1 comment:

  1. Great post...so glad that you've had some really fun & relaxing times lately!!

    Blessings from the valley!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete